Chef Jeffrey knows this dish comes together quickly, which is perfect for those who are on-the-go.
Smoking the steak adds a great depth of flavor to this very satisfying and clean, light dish. The Healthy Grill makes this one a snap!!!
6 oz. baby arugula, washed & drained
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, large and crushed
1 garlic clove, minced
1 sprig of rosemary
1 lb. sirloin steak (1" thick) salt & freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. dry pepper flakes
1 large shallot, thinly sliced
1 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
6-8 button mushrooms, stems removed, thinly sliced
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
4 oz. indoor wood chips
1 Tbsp. black tea leaves, mixed with the wood chips
1. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a small skillet over high heat. When hot, add the mushrooms and tomatoes, stirring to coat all with oil. Turn the heat down to medium and move the tomatoes to one side of the skillet, cut side down. Add the minced garlic to the mushrooms and stir to mix well. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove the tomatoes to a small bowl. Add salt & pepper to the mushrooms and cook for 1 minute longer. Pour the mushrooms over the tomatoes in the bowl and reserve.
Place the Healthy Grill® in a 12"-14" skillet, place the wood chips between the grill ridges and turn the heat to high. Cover the skillet with a lid. When hot and smoking, about 4 minutes, brush the top of the grill liberally with oil and place the steak on the grill. Cover the skillet with the lid and turn the heat to medium. Let the steak grill for 3 minutes, then flip and place the lid back on. Grill for an additional 3 minutes to get perfect marks.
Remove the steak from the grill and rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes. Using the removable Healthy Grill® handle, place the grill next to the sink and put a paper towel over it to remind you that it is hot.
1. Using the Healthy Grill® removable handle, remove the grill and place on the counter near the sink. Place a paper towel on the grill for a reminder that it is hot.
2. Wipe the skillet clean and place on high heat with the remaining olive oil. When hot, add the rosemary and crushed garlic, cooking for about 4 minutes, turning garlic over a few times, until it is a nice golden brown. Turn the heat off and discard the garlic and rosemary.
3. Cut the steak, crosswise and against the grain, into 1/8" thick slices. Toss the strips with the pepper flakes, 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Arrange the arugula on a large serving platter.
4. With the skillet on high heat, add the steak, tomatoes and mushrooms and
sauté for 1-2 minutes. Use tongs to mix the steak to color evenly as it cooks.
5. Arrange the steak and vegetables on top of the arugula.
6. To the skillet, add the shallots, vinegars and remaining salt & pepper. Boil for 2 minutes to create a nice aromatic dressing. Pour the dressing over the steak and enjoy immediately.
Adding a dash of Shichimi Togarashi or even one minced Thai chili with add a punch to this dish, if you're into that kind of thing... I'm all in!